Saturday, June 24, 2017

Crock-Pot Test


Sharing some information I thought was very helpful.

I bought a second hand Crock-Pot at a yard sale.  It was in beautiful shape but it's always nice to know that it is functioning correctly.

I contacted Crock Pot online and they have a live chat.  This was our conversation:

Janet: Hi, my name is Janet. I will be happy to help you today.
Me: Hello, I purchased a lovely crock-pot second hand.  Model 50301. How can I test that it is heating to correct temperatures?
Janet: The slow cooker and both low and high will reach a temperature between 210 to 218 degrees. You can test the temperature by filling the stoneware half full with water and turning it on for 4 hours.  After 4 hours, take a candy or meat thermometer to test the temperature of the water.
Me: Thank you!

Now that's handy to know.  I have the crock-pot heating and we'll see...

I am a Crock-Pot user.  They are wonderful to fill before work and then when I get home dinner is done and the house smells great.  They are also wonderful for pot luck dinners at church or school.  I have two large, two mediums (if this new one tests out), one small, and a mini.  I don't really use the mini but they say it works for sauces.  

A church pot luck favorite is mac and cheese.  I use my biggest and fill it with mac and cheese and let it cook.  The pot is always empty when it's time to head home.  I was thinking of kids when I made this but the adults like it too.

Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
Ingredients:
4 cups uncooked macaroni
6 to 8 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 cans evaporated milk
3 cups milk 
4 eggs
salt and pepper
If I have it on hand I will add a can of Cheddar Cheese Soup.
Mix all together, reserving 3 cups of cheese for the top.

Directions:
Spray or grease the inside of your crock-pot.  Dump mixture into your crock pot, top with remaining cheese.
Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Do not stir while cooking.  I double this for church pot luck dinners. 



1 comment:

  1. This sounds brilliant and SO potluck friendly. May try in next Sunday. We have church service in a park then picnic. (plug in at dawn?! We'll see) D. You

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...